Friday, June 27, 2014

You Can Plant Flowers in Any Old Thing


 
 
I love using old containers for flowers.  We recently found this little barrel for $10.  When we cut it in half, we were pleased to find a plastic liner for both sides.  :)  We drilled a couple of holes in the bottom, then put some burlap over the holes, filled with potting soil and planted petunias, cosmos and salvia. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I found this old drink dispenser at a sale last week.  It too had a plastic liner.  I filled the bottom with pea gravel, then potting soil.  The wave petunias are already growing fast.  I put a geranium in the center. 
 
 
 
 
 
Here's an old galvanized bucket.  I drilled holes in the bottom, put some pea gravel and potting soil and filled it with cosmos. 
 
 
I used an old milk crate for wave petunias on the porch.  OMG, they are filling in fast!
 
 
 
 
Things are blooming like crazy now!  From conventional pots and hanging baskets to any type of container that you love, flowers look great!

 

 




 




 



What's your favorite unconventional container for your flowers?
 
Thank you for your visit! 
Happy Summer!!
 
Pam
 
 
 
 

I am linking to the following parties:
 
 


Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home

DIY Show Off

 
 

7 comments:

  1. I don't get too creative outdoors. Like the old cooler for flowers. And your flowers are looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any old piece of busted enamel ware... or even an old appliance or two. I've got an old percolator and toaster on the front porch... they capture the imagination and make great conversation starters.
    Love all the Petunias
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blooms Pam and your containers are great, love the watering can. Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really inspired me with your homemade projects here. A couple of my friends have planted fruit trees in some old whiskey barrels they bought and I really liked them. I will have to try using some of my old paint cans that I have laying around the house. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These ideas are just too cute! We are renovating our house, just doing a total overhaul. When we get the garden done, I was trying to figure out how to accessorize it, and now I have some ideas. The whole process is intense but fun!

    Jane | http://www.mlwcontracting.com/project_galleries.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas, very creative. We used old car tires to plant some flowers in the backyard, painted them in different colours, looks very funny - we have ladybug, turtle and hedgehog :)
    Home cleaners Wembley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.