Friday, October 30, 2015

Crate and Barrel Towel Art

 
 
 
 
I love the graphic dishtowel that Crate and Barrel is selling right now. 
 
 
I enlisted my handy husband to make another frame with pallet boards.  I love the patina of the old boards.
 
 
 
 
 
 
On the inside of the frame where he made the cuts, I used my trusty old trick of apple cider vinegar and steel wool to age the new cuts so they'd look like the rest of the boards.
 
I started by ironing the towel.
 
 
 
 
We used spray adhesive on the backer board, then used a rolling pin to make sure all of the creases and bubbles were out of it.
 
He made the frame so that we'd only have a 1/2" of overlap in the back.  It fit perfectly in the frame and went on the wall. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
I love it!
 
Thanks for your visit!

Pam
 
 
 

I am linking to the following parties:

 


Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.