Friday, May 30, 2014

A Cute New Little Ladder and a Scale!

 
 
I found this little ladder at a garage sale for $3.  I certainly couldn't pass it up!  :)


 
 
I painted it a mint green, sanded the edges, put it on the porch and put a special birdhouse on it. 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
When my Mom was sick several years ago, there was a guy selling birdhouses from his front yard.  Trips back and forth to the hospital had us going by that yard many times.  Well, we finally stopped and found out that if you were to take one, you'd just leave the money under the mat.  I love small towns!  :)  So, this one has weathered a lot of weather and brings a smile to my face when I come to the front door and see it. 
 
 
 
I found this scale on Craigslist.  I saw it for a few weeks, but it was listed for more than I wanted to spend.  Lucky for me, he dropped the price to an acceptable amount to me and I bought it. 
 
 
 

My husband took it apart, cleaned and cleaned and cleaned it, then painted it.  I'm very happy with it!

 
 
  


 
 
    
  
 
 
 
 
 
Tomorrow brings another garage sale Saturday.  :)  I'll be ready to find more treasures!
 
What fun things have you found lately?
 
 
Thanks for your visit!
 
 
Pam
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


I am linking to the following parties:
 
 
 

:



Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home

DIY Show Off

 
 

10 comments:

  1. Love your ladder/bird house outside your door. Your DH's cleaning and painting of your scale is wonderful. Happy color.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scale doesn't even look the same! I love your little ladder. My Grandfather died just as I got my house, I used my Grandmothers little step stool to put her McCoy pots on the front porch. Love that ladder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ladder! The scale is "to die for"! Your husband did a beautiful job with it. Love the story about the birdhouse. I use a ladder on my screened porch to hold plants and birdhouses. I did a post that shows it recently. Come over and have a look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ladder and that scale is totally fabulous. You did an amazing makeover. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool, Pam! That scale is amazing. You find the best stuff!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam! Love your finds!! You have such an eye for what will work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That birdhouse is adorable! And the scale is an amazing find...love the gorgeous transformation it went through:) Thanks for letting us take a peek!~hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The scale is really cool, that you got...and in which way you modified it, I must appreciate...it also approved that you really care about even these things... :) we can learn from you post something, so keep continue...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job. I really like the transformation of your ladder. Your little birdhouse is really looking so good. I would like to see your more updates. Keep them coming in future too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.