Monday, October 1, 2012

Floored! And a Winner!


 



When we moved into this house a few years ago, we were thrilled that it had gorgeous walnut floors.  We had Max, our 90 pound chocolate lab, who was pretty hard on them, but we decided that we loved him more than anything and would deal with the floors later.  As many of you know, he passed away a couple of months ago.  We knew it was time to have the floors redone and had a trip scheduled to see our son at college, so the timing was perfect. 

To get ready for them to do the floors, we had to remove everything from every room. We decided that it would be a perfect time to paint. We spent two FULL weekends painting, painting, painting.   The walls used to be a yellowish/sand color on the walls and ceiling. 


(WALLS AND CEILING BEFORE)
 
 
It's kind of hard to see the difference, but now the walls are now linen and the ceilings are white.
(WALLS AND CEILING AFTER)

We finished painting last Sunday and the floor guys showed up Monday morning.  When we got home Monday night, there was some sort of film all over.  It looked weird! 






When we got home Tuesday, the floors were sanded and looking fab!




We left for vacation Wednesday morning, right before they started all of the stinky stuff.  They worked Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  When we got home tonight  (Sunday), the floors looked great and the smell was horrible!  We did have a friend open a window for us while we were gone, but as soon as we got home, every window in the house got opened!  We will spend the next couple of days putting everything back together.






Thank you to everyone who entered my giveaway from Eco Natural Soaps.  The lucky winner is:

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate
Congratulations Sandi!

 
 
 
 


Thank you for your visit!
 
Pam

I am linking to the following parties:

Debbiedoo's Newbie Party with a Twist

UndertheTableandDreaming

35 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, your floors look GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very nice but I can just imagine the smell, hope it's all gone for you and your having fun putting everything back together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam the floors are beautiful!! Great choice on your paint colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The floors are wonderful:) You should be thrilled with the results. Wondering if they left you a bunch of dust from the sanding?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Floors look so beautiful!
    So excited to have won your Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The floors, walls and ceilings are gorgeous!!! I hope the smell goes away soon and you get some rest! Wow...what a project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The light floors look just that much better than the dark floor boards; the change is just gorgeous as every has said. It certainly sounds interesting what they did to your floor. I was just wondering, you definitely had the floors just sanded down and not completely replaced (sorry if that sounds a bit stupid, I didn't know whether this was a new system where they just sanded it down on the spot)?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your floors look beautiful. Did you ever find out what that "film" was on the first day you came home? What a sweet thing to say about your Max, yes, he was very special. Linda S. in NE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue,so thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your floors are gorgeous! I wish that all of my home improvement projects turned out this well. I am sorry to hear that your dog passed away. I have always had a really hard time with that as well. Thanks for your pictures and for your great article!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cool design you shared here with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pam,

    Your floors are gorgeous!!! I love the wall color too.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so jealous of your floors!!!

    Bobi
    http://onedailymoneytip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my God they're gorgeous - just love your living room and the fact that you have so many windows!!!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  15. School shelters can prove beneficial in many ways for the children as: School Play Area

    ReplyDelete
  16. Incredible transformation! Those floors make your whole house sing! I just did mine, which were old oak from the 1920s. I had to pull up 3 floors in the kitchen to get to the original hardwood. So glad I did tho. I just found you through Debbiedoo's. I'm your newest follower and a recent newbie graduate. I'm hoping you'll follow me back at www.crazythriftycrafts.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, what beautiful floors! There's nothing like wood floors in a home, I think they make a home so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your floor looks perfect and I'm pretty sure a white ceiling will bring more light in with all your windows!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Pam! Oh, your floors look gorgeous! I would love to have wood floors, I'm so deprived. I'm sorry to hear about your beloved pet.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow, is that beautiful or what!? What a joy to come home to that! Hope you enjoy them.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  21. saw your link over at Debbiedoos...your floors are AMAZING! - can't wait to see it all put back together...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Pam, I would love to do this some day!! They look fabulous! And you painted all of your walls too...Why I bet it looks like a brand new house!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your floors look beautiful! :)
    ~Audra

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous hardwood floors!! Thedy did a great job for you, I totally love it! Happy WUW. Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your floor is fabulous. We will probably have to have that done in a few years. Dread the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pam, I can't get over how good your floors look. Such a big, beautiful difference.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow what a process but the pay-off is great looking floors!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this blog - we also do home improvements if you ever need anything let us know http://eechomeimprovements.co.uk thanks

    ReplyDelete
  29. What beautiful floors! My husband and I recently started doing some renovations in our home to change some things around, as well as to add some personal touches. We added in some spiral stairs which we love! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.