Friday, July 25, 2014

After Vacation, This is the Only Type of Scale I Can Handle!

Last week we went on vacation to Southern California and had a great time!  On the way home, we stopped at an antique store in Southern Utah.  The owner doesn't allow pictures to be taken of her place, but let's just say it was pure, perfect, rusty goodness everywhere!!
 
I found this little scale.


 
I straightened out the top a bit and added the bird and nest.  I put it on top of this table I recently found at a garage sale (for $5!)  :)  I like the way it looks in this corner.
 
 
This winter when I can no longer work in the yard, I may paint the table, but for now, my flowers take up any crafty time that I may have...
 
 

 
 
 
I love little tiny scales and was so happy to find this one on ebay while we were driving.  :)  Thank goodness for smart phones and my husband for driving so I can shop in the car in the middle of the desert!
 





My husband keeps wondering where new scales will fit, but I keep finding places.  It's magic!  :)
 
 
Thanks for your visit!
 
Pam



 

 
I am linking to the following parties:
 
 


Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home

DIY Show Off

 
 

6 comments:

  1. I bought one today, and saw two others today that made me think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds Pam! We love visiting California...glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The golden one is very cute, so shiny and little :)
    Cleaning services Bromley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too Pam, those are the only scales I like, especially on vacation. Great find, love them both. Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a blast Pam! I love your scale collection. The red one was a score!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off it sounds like you have a very gracious husband. Good Job:). Also I like your eye for rustic antiques. There's just something about older items that can't be beat. I'm glad you both had a wonderful vacation:).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.