Sunday, December 9, 2012

Bird Pillow for Christmas and Beyond

I found this cute bird graphic the other day.  I love, love, love anything with birds on it and love that I can incorporate it with my Christmas decorations.  Of course I intend to keep it out long after Christmas!






 
 
I started with this graphic from The Graphics Fairy
 
 
I printed it off on Jolee's Easy Image Transfer Sheets using my inkjet printer.
 




I cut around the edges.
 
 
I used a Ritva pillow cover that I bought from Ikea last year. 


I put the pillow cover over a board and a pillow case.
 
 
 
I followed the directions on the Jolee's label--twenty seconds on each part, lift up carefully, then set the iron back on another place.  I made sure I got each area several times for 20 seconds each.

 
 
I let it cool for 10 minutes, then carefully pulled the backing off of the transfer.
 
And here's the finished pillow.  Easy and Festive!





 
 
Thanks for your visit!
 
Pam
 
 
 
I am linking to the following parties:
 
 
  
 
The Graphics Fairy
UndertheTableandDreaming
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

15 comments:

  1. Pam, what a cute idea! I love birds for the holidays, and this is such a nice way to incorperate them in a different way! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam, your bird pillow is too cute. Perfect for Christmas and beyond, as you say..Happy Monday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! You did a super job.
    Like the tutorial too. I always like it when the poster takes the time to show a specific product or tool they use in its original packaging.
    I've contemplated doing some sort of transfer work for a while, but never thought I'd really be able to pull it off. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this graphic so much I used it for my Christmas cards and am going to put it on some tea towels for gifts. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So darn cute, I love it. Great tips on how to, also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great Pam! Love the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for posting the graphic.. I love it and am going to try making it.. your pillow is beautiful!
    I did my first transfer onto a pillow this week
    and I used parchment paper, it worked perfectly.
    Happy Holidays to you and your family!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this graphic and have used it a couple of times myself ... pillow looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's precious.

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooo Cute!!!!! I'm a new follower! Love your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way cute Pam. I love the bird pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! So perfect for Christmas, but can be used all year long!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pillow is adorable. I love it!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is simple and awesome...please share more post like this...
    great post in the home improvements tricks.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.