Since I started working a few years ago, my crafting has been limited, but recently I decided to use some new graphics (purchased on Etsy for $1) and transfer them onto a little dresser.
I started with this $5 garage sale find. Sorry, I thought I took a good 'before' picture, but didn't... But, you can probably figure that the drawers looked just like the rest of the piece.
We sanded down the entire piece.
I took a mirror image of a laser copy (if you only have an ink jet printer, just take it to Kinko's or a similar place and get a copy made--they use laser copiers). I printed off three copies-one for each drawer.
I taped the graphic on each of the drawers. I barely dabbed Citra-Solv on the paper. (I found Citra-Solv at Whole Foods) If you put too much Citra-Solv on, it'll smear. I rubbed a piece of plastic very carefully over the graphic, but again, I tried not to smear it.
I carefully lifted off the paper and let each drawer dry.
I put MinWax Pre-stain over the entire piece, as pine tends to get blochy if you don't. After that dried, I applied a MinWax Natural Stain.
The original drawer pulls were wood. I worked and worked to sand them down, but they stained up too dark. I took some brass pulls and painted them black.
I've moved it in a couple of different places to see where I'm going to use it. I think it turned out pretty cute!
Thanks so much for your visit!
I am linking to the following parties: