Sunday, February 15, 2015

Make a fun STATEment with Pillows

 
A friend gave me an Oregon dishtowel for Christmas with such detailed embroidery. 
 
 
 
 
I certainly didn't want to use it as a dishtowel.  So I made it into a pillow.  I ironed it, folded it in half and sewed the edges.  I left a few inches open and filled it with batting. 
 
And now I have a great Oregon pillow that will last for years!
 
 
 
 
 
So, I posted a picture of it on Facebook and a friend immediately called me and asked if I could make a pillow out of her identical towel, but hers is for South Carolina.  Of course I'd make her a pillow too.
 
 
 
 
I'll laugh if someone else comes to me with yet another state dishtowel to be transformed into a pillow.  :)
 
Thanks for your visit!
 
Pam








I am linking to the following parties:




Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home



9 comments:

  1. You may be getting a Utah one for your birthday. Ha Ha !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! If that's the brand towel I think it is (Cat's Studio?), I have the towel for my state too (WV). But do you know what? I also received the Cat Studio pillow as a gift, and it cost $150! The towel idea is genius. Visiting from BNOTP. Have a great week.
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Cat Studio! I can see it in the bottom corner of the towel!

      Delete
  3. Those turned out great! I love finding things to make pillows out of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you ! WAY too cute to actually use to dry dishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I wouldn't want to use it as a dish towel either! I'd love to find a New York state one. Don't worry, I can sew!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want two! California (where I'm from) and Arizona (where I live). It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them Pam!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.