Monday, September 1, 2014

Make Your Own Bottle Label with a Drop Cloth

 
My husband saved this neat scotch bottle for me.  I love the shape of it. 
 
 
 
I started by soaking it in soapy water to remove the labels.
 
 
 
 
 
A quick trip to The Graphics Fairy to get this very fun graphic. 

 
 
 

I needed a mirror image of it so it would come out correctly on the transfer paper.

 
 
 
I tried to print it off in color, but my printer wasn't cooperating.  Instead, I printed it in black and white on a piece of iron on transfer paper. 
 
 
 
 
 
I cut the transfer paper right along the edges of the graphic, ironed the drop cloth fabric so it was smooth where the transfer was going, then ironed it on there. 
 
 
 
 
It came out kind of light, which is ok with me.
 
 
 
 

 I applied a coat of ModPodge all over the back, and adhered it to the bottle. 
 

 


 
 Done!


 

 

 
 
 
 What a fun and easy project.
 
Thank you for your visit!
 
Pam
 
 
 
 
 
I am linking to the following parties:
 
 


Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home


 
 

8 comments:

  1. Great project! Love the idea of printing on drop cloth fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of printing on the drop cloth!! Looks amazing on a bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, and you make it look so easy. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out great! my husband is a painter and thinks it is so funny when I tell him what people have done with drop cloths.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. Who knew there were so many things you could do with drop cloths?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this! It looks better than a paper label... Great job! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.