Saturday, July 6, 2013

Holy Toledo! Another Scale Redo

   




  
 Several months ago I purchased this grey Toledo scale on eBay.  I should've looked closer at the listing, as I was shocked when it arrived and was HUGE!  I put it in the closet and was going to list it back on eBay this summer. 
 



Then it hit me that if it wasn't SO industrial looking, I might really like it. So into the garage for a redo!











 
 
 
The face is still a bit rusty, but it did clean up pretty good using steel wool.  (This is the 'before' shot of the face.)  The problem with removing rust on the face is that it eventually the scrubbing will remove all of the paint too, so I had to stop and accept that it's still a bit rugged looking.   







I love it in our downstairs kitchen/game room. 



Thank you for your visit!

Pam


I am linking to the following parties:

Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage
Pinterest Blitz Party by Debbiedoos and On Sutton Place
 
Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
DIY Show Off

18 comments:

  1. I GAVE an antique scale away years ago and regretted it immediately.

    You had me at red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, such a fun piece. Love the red too. Looks amazing in the kitchen. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It really "pops" now and looks perfect in your game room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it in red:) What a great redo. You have quit the collection going now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pops of red in your playroom. What a great space! The scale looks great, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really is quite big, but it fits in there perfectly. You guys are soon going to have to start hiring yourselves out to do restoration work; it's that good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it and it looks great in your gameroom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it and where you put it too. I'm gonna be on the search for a vintage scale for my kitchen too. Have a sweet week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you kept it, it looks wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow, it looks perfect in its new color, and the location is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just my opinion, how about painting the clock surface with white enamel paint?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the red. You have such a fun game room.

    ReplyDelete
  13. CUTE! It works so well with all of your Coca-Cola decor! It looks like a whole new piece. I popped over from The Shabby Creek Cottage--thanks for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Love the scale re-do and it looks awesome in your game room! Love the red color! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your scale Pam! Looks great in your room with all your other antique pieces. I love the size!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY. You've been featured!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Pam, I am a lover of red so this was a homerun for me! Love it! My daughter and sil gave me one just like yours for Christmas. Yes, it is huge! I wanted to hang it in our farmhouse kitchen, but when all was said and done there was nowhere to hang it. Thinking I might save it for when we build my outdoor building and plant it. Seeing yours, makes me want to use it indoors. Hopped over from Dwellings. I have a link party, Share Your Cup Thursday. It's all about sharing what makes you happy. Would love if you shared some time!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know this might be unrelated to the post, but I liked the hardwood floors here. The island w/ bar lights & seats looked great too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is interesting! I enjoyed reading your great post.Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have shared here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.