Sunday, July 8, 2012

Dresser Transformation & Homemade Drawer Pulls






A couple of weeks ago I was out garage saling and came across this dresser for $10.  It was sturdy and was in decent shape.  Sold!




We reinforced the drawer bottoms so they would be strong.






I lightly sanded everything.

I wiped all of the dust off with a microfiber cloth.




 I applied a light coat of primer using a little foam roller.  It was EASY!









I used Minted Lemon paint from Home Depot. 
 


I again used the foam roller and it went on smooth!

It was HOT yesterday, so the paint dried very quickly.  I put two coats on everything.




I bought these stars years ago.  With the hole in the center, I knew they'd be perfect for drawer pulls.

Using a long screw and a 1" metal extender (my husband says it's called a ferrule), I was able to make my own. 





Because I was using a silver bolt and a rusty star, I wanted to make the bolt look like it belonged there.  I dipped the head of the bolt into the Perma Blue and it was dark.  (magic!!)  I could have made the extenders dark too, but since they really aren't seen, I didn't do them.







I thought about stenciling numbers on each drawer, but think the dresser is decorated enough right now with the star pulls. 






I put the decorated Coke crate on it along with a birdhouse.  I will have to move the flag art up a bit, but haven't yet...



 Thanks for your visit and comments!

Pam



I am linking to the following parties:


Jennifer Rizzo's Fabulously Creative Friday

DIY Show Off
>


My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

16 comments:

  1. Your dresser turned out great, love the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks fabulous. I love the stars. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your dresser! It looks great. The star pulls just set it off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you transformed that baby fast and I LOVE IT, and want it. The handles are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome transformation Pam, love those stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great Pam! Love the drawer pulls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How charming! Well done.

    xo
    Quiet Luxury

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! How come I never come across $10 dressers?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful makeover - the stars are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visiting from Metamorphosis Monday. This is the cutest thing! I love the color and the star pulls. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! It doesn't even look close to what it use to be! :) We'd love it if you'd share this at our link party - Home is Where the Heart is! http://www.homesteadsimple.com/home-is-where-the-heart-is-link-it-up-wednesdays-1/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey girl. Love the dresser, especially the paint color.

    So nice having a chance to visit. Hope you are doing well.

    Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pam,

    I love how you transformed the dresser. I love those stars. I have a few of them.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is great! I just finished painting 2 dressers mint. They will be on my blog next week. Isn't mint a really hard color to pick? I have a Lowe's gift card giveaway going on, if you want to come enter?

    ReplyDelete
  15. The content is good and very informative and I personally thank you for sharing the home improvement articles with us.
    toronto countertops

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.