Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Great Trip, A Beautiful Garden and A Winner!





My kids just got out of college for summer.  They are on quarters, so they start much later and end much later than a lot of other schools.  I was fortunate that it's late enough in June that the weather was gorgeous, I got to spend time with them,  and spend some time with friends while I was there.  Of course seeing friends means shopping and spending time looking at their beautiful gardens and beautiful homes.  :)

I found some fun things that I loved and could fit on the airplane with me.  I also found some great things that would've required their own seat, so I couldn't get them...

I love Coke memorabilia and have a couple of Coke crates.  I found this one that had the dividers.  I thought about using it to plant flowers in, but then decided to use it as a display case.




I found a few things to put in it, but I'm sure I'll switch things around a bit.  Right now I have it sitting on a bench, but may hang it later.




 I love little oil cans, and this one especially! 





I found this little birdcage.  I'm a sucker for birdcages! 









This bird letter sorter is perfect for my desk.






And the best part was spending time in my friend, Heather's GORGEOUS backyard!!  She is so amazingly talented!







The winner of the My Memories Giveaway is Pam at DIY Design Fanatic.  Congratulations Pam!




Thanks for your visit and sweet comments! 

Pam



I am linking to the following parties:


Jennifer Rizzo's Thrift Store Makeover Party


UndertheTableandDreaming
Home Stories A2Z

16 comments:

  1. What a creative way to use the coke bottle holder. All your little tid-bits look just darling:) My favorite is you bird cage find:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coke crate Pam and your friends garden is stunning!! Glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on having your family all around. And a friend with a WONDERFUL garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely backyard! And your coke case is too cute, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful backyard, and I just love that old Coke crate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I simply can't take my eyes off your superb backyard. And what you have made out of Coke crate shows what an imagination you have got. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So you decided not to use the blocks for your last name? Or were those ones extras? I loved having you here and taking you to all my "haunts"! Even though I don't need a thing, I might still head to Barn House in July- wish you could come, too!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, Heather has a beautiful backyard. Hope your kids are enjoying their break from school.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your friend truly does have an amazing backyard. I love how she hung the old window under the arbor. You have put your new finds to work in marvelous ways!

    ReplyDelete
  10. FYI those windows were bought by my husband from someone selling them on the side of the road when we lived in our previous home, with no real idea what was going to be done with them. He was the one that had the idea of hanging them from the pergola at this house! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... that garden is just divine!! And so are your vintage goodies!! How fun!

    And Pam, what a fabulous job your hubby did on the kitchen cabinets!! Just beautiful!!
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post and the backyard looks so beautiful. I enjoyed this post. Thanks foe sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Soo beautiful! A garden is a complex of aesthetic and plastic intentions; and the plant is, to a landscape artist, not only a plant - rare, unusual, ordinary or doomed to disappearance - but it is also a color, a shape, a volume or an arabesque in itself. Anyways, Check it for garage doors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's just awesome!! What you have done with the backyard is incredible. I hope I build up my backyard as beautiful as yours one day then I'll show you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your beyond awesome backyard and superb art work is truly inspirational. I will get down to work too once I get some free time. For now all I want to do is to congratulate you on putting up such beautiful pictures.

    quiet dehumidifier for bedroom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.