I started with this frame from Michael's. I spray painted it white with Rustoleum 2x Flat White Paint.
I was disappointed that there was only a piece of cardboard on the back of the frame. This definitely made it harder to get a good stretching of the burlap. I put a thin piece of batting under the burlap and hot glued the edges of the burlap to the back of the cardboard.
I used Tacky Glue to attach the twigs to the burlap. I spread the glue on the twigs pretty heavily.
This is before the glue dried completely.
I used a heavy pan to hold the twigs in place to dry.
I added a starfish to the top and was done. (You can still see a little of the tacky glue. It was still wet here, but did dry clear)
Thanks for your visit! And Happy Holidays!
I am linking to the following parties: